Join Our Team
Development and Digital Media Associate Job Description
The mission of The Arc of Massachusetts is to enhance the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including autism, and their families. We fulfill this through advocacy for community supports and services that foster social inclusion, self-determination, and equity across all aspects of society.
The Development and Digital Media Associate is a key member of The Arc of Massachusetts staff, reporting to the Director of Development. This is a full-time, entry-level position responsible for managing social media and electronic media; assisting with development and program activities; and acknowledgements and donor database management. We are seeking someone with a high level of computer competency, experience with HTML, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and strong organization skills.
- Assist in the creation and execution of a comprehensive social media plan that integrates electronic media with print publications and other outreach.
- Maintain, regularly update, and manage The Arc’s website, Constant Contact, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Draft, edit, and solicit content for weekly Notes from The Arc electronic newsletter.
- Respond to social media comments and messages in a timely manner.
- Stay current on digital trends in online communications and social media and recommend new social media platforms and/or the re-design of existing platforms
- Keep website materials up to date and engaging. Research and post content that is of interest to The Arc’s constituents. Ensure that The Arc is communicating with constituents in a consistent voice.
- Track The Arc’s impact via social media and produce monthly analytical reports.
- Support government affairs activities, including maintaining The Arc’s presence on CQ.
- Accurately maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge database, including entering donations, updating contact information, and tracking cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Write and run reports, queries, and exports from Raiser’s Edge.
- Process donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with event coordination and execution, including managing responses; preparing written materials and presentations; and follow-up. Help secure in-kind donations for events and meetings.
- Support Board and volunteer committee meetings; order food, set up space, and coordinate materials. Take meeting minutes as needed.
- Design flyers, posters, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Other cultivation, stewardship, and administrative duties as assigned.
Program and Office Activities
- Prepare materials as needed for outreach; assist in the development of written materials.
- Maintain materials such as written consent, releases, and confidentiality forms.
- Attend meetings with staff and screening sites as needed.
- Recruit work-study students and serve as liaison with Brandeis University.
- Support Operation House Call and Widening the Circle.
- College degree, preferably in communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience with HTML is essential.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in web management and digital media, including but not limited to WordPress; Constant Contact; Microsoft Office Suite; WebEx; and social media analytics, such as Google Analytics.
- Experience building robust and active online communities using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong computer and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new software and programs quickly and to train and help colleagues utilize programs.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with using multimedia (audio, video, images, text, fonts/colors, etc.)
- Detail and accuracy oriented.
- Eagerness to be a key player in a small organization, with an ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software is highly desirable.
- Experience using CSS is a plus.
- Experience or interest in the disability field is a plus.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their résumé, letter of interest, and the contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by Friday, August 18, 2017. Résumés without a letter will not be considered. No phone calls please. To learn more about The Arc of Massachusetts, please visit at www.arcmass.org.