Job Title: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Founded in 1961, United Cerebral Palsy Association of Berkshire County is a leading provider of supports and services for children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities and their families throughout Berkshire County and Western Mass. The FY’15 operating budget of 3.5 million includes high impact programs that support the mission of increasing the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities including Adult Family Care, Advocacy ( general, educational, self-advocacy and legislative), Assistive Technology Regional Center and contracted services, Berkshire Talking Chronicle Radio Reading Service, children’s programming, computer training, durable medical equipment loaner program, Northern Berkshire Early Intervention Services, Individual and Family Support and Life Skills Training.
Using a positive leadership style, the Executive Director is the principal professional in the organization and is directly responsible for leadership in program development and administration, marketing and development, community relations, fundraising, financial management, facilities management, workforce development, compliance and quality assurance, Human Resources, safety and crisis/risk management. The Executive Director must govern, maintain relations and work directly with the Board of Directors in the development of the organization’s mission and vision, strategic plan, financial/business plan, and operational and human resource policies.
- Master’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Human Service, Education or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in management and administration of human services
- History of innovation and service as a “change agent” in response to new opportunities and challenges
- Must be proficient in current computer software
- Expected to commit the time and talents necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position in an exemplary manner
- Able to communicate the mission and value of the organization throughout the community with passion, conviction and poise
- Knowledge of resources for persons with physical and developmental disabilities, including local, state and government contracts and regulations
- Financial management experience is required
- Experience in managing capital and operational campaigns; demonstrated success in fundraising and development
If interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and a list of 3 current supervisory references to Amy McMahon at firstname.lastname@example.org.