Registration is now open for the 2015 Transition Conference that will take place on Saturday, October 3rd at the Best Western/Royal Plaza in Marlborough MA. This full-day statewide Transition conference has been specifically planned for parents of children with disabilities between the ages of 14 and 22 who are transitioning from school to the adult world.
The Conference program will include:
- An opportunity to learn about state-of-the-art best practices around transition, covering topics focused upon creating seamless, successful transitions into the adult world.
- Keynote presentation by Beth Mount on Person Centered Planning and Transition. Her groundbreaking work related to Personal Futures Planning promotes the positive futures and images of people with disabilities throughout the globe, and demonstrates that all of us count and all of us fit somewhere
- Lunchtime Video Presentation of Successful Transitions
- 24 workshops, offering 8 in each session. It is important to select your workshop preference for each session when you register. See the workshop description link above.
- A “Technology Playground” which will be available all day staffed by experts who will share their knowledge about iPads, iPods, tablets and appropriate APP’s for preparation for adult life and independence.
- Over 50 exhibitors offering information on programs and services
For more information and workshop descriptions, please click here.