[WEBINAR] Human Services Transportation Legislation with Senator Moran and Representative Domb
Join Senator Susan Moran, Representative Mindy Domb, and the Human Services Transportation Coalition (The Arc of Massachusetts, the Boston Center for Independent Living, Stavros, and the Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council) to learn more about their priority legislation [H3303, S1434, H3302, and S121] which establish ways for us to influence and improve the safety, reliability, and quality of these services.
This will be a training session to prepare and strengthen our advocacy for these bills, share our stories, and organize testimony for the public hearings on the legislation. These HST bills need your support and the legislature needs to hear your lived experience and insights in order to understand current barriers to using the service, including your experience with:
– Improper equipment and training of drivers to safely secure wheelchair users.
– Significant delays in pick up or cancellation resulting in missed appointments.
– Inappropriate treatment of passengers and people with mental health or intellectual disabilities.
– Difficulty scheduling on phone, online or app.
– Failure to inform consumers of their rights.
– Poor follow up of complaints regarding serious safety or missed appointments.
– Inadequate oversight and enforcement of contracts with brokers and transportation providers.
Your thoughts on how a continuation of the HST Task Force (H3302/S121) and a HST Consumer Advisory Board (H3303/S1434) will help address these issues.
Questions? Contact Maura Sullivan, Senior Director of Government Affairs and Health Policy, at email@example.com.