Show Us What You Love About Your Direct Support Professional!
(aka companion, instructor, nurse, respite provider, skill instructor, therapist, PCA)
We are raising awareness of the importance and value of Direct Support Professionals.
Let’s celebrate their contributions! Share your stories with us.
Create a 1-3-minute video to capture
- What does your Direct Support Professional (DSP) mean to you and your family member(s)?
- What are some activities that the DSP does with you or your loved one(s)?
- What is an example of when your DSP has gone above and beyond his/her staff assignment?
- How have you or your loved one(s) benefited from the DSP's assistance?
- What do you wish more people knew about the work of DSPs?
If your video is selected, you will receive a $50 gift card!
Winning videos will be posted on The Arc of Massachusetts website and social media and used as part of our Workforce Initiative.
Video Submission Requirements
- The video submission must be a minimum of 1 minute in length and may not exceed 3 minutes in length.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked signs, art, or third-party logos visible at any time.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted music or sounds.
- Resolution should be at least 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 – note that most modern smartphones will film in this resolution.
- Permission is granted by all parties that are in the video including guardians if applicable.
- Must be age 18 or older to submit.
- By submitting your video, and if your video is selected as a winner, you authorize The Arc of Massachusetts to be able to distribute this video through whatever medium or venue we see fit (including posting on social media; distributing to legislators; screening at events; and more).
How to Submit Your Video
- Upload your video submission to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, or other sharing platforms.
- Copy the link to the video or post (note: social media accounts cannot be private–we won’t be able to see your video!).
- Fill out the submission form below and include the video/post link no later than February, 14, 2019, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET. We’ll let you know if we have any trouble accessing your video/post.
- Winners selected will be announced/notified by February 22, 2019.