Thanksgiving offers us the perfect opportunity to reflect on what we all have to be grateful for each year. This year is certainly no different.
In 2017, we have much to be thankful for:
- We celebrated the legacy of the Becker family, announcing a major grant for advocacy and outreach within The Arc of Massachusetts, as well as trust grants that will fund and highlight innovation by outside human services organizations.
- Governor Baker and the legislature expanded the Turning 22 program to further assist the 1,000 graduating students in need.
- SUPPORTbrokers received a grant from The Dana Home Foundation, funding a one-year study of ten individuals with autism over the age of 50 in Lexington that ultimately intends to aid with life planning and recommendations for future support services.
- Along with our chapters, we launched The Advocacy Alliance, with the purpose of increasing advocacy in areas such as self-determination, family support, residential and employment services, and much more.
- We moved into our new home at 217 South Street after the success of our Home for the Future Campaign and the support of The Arc’s generous donors.
But above all else, we have YOU to be thankful for. You remind us of why we do the work that we do. With your devoted support, we’ve spent the past year passionately advocating on behalf of the needs of individuals with I/DD. We’ve worked to guarantee that they have the opportunities they deserve, and that their futures are filled with hope.
And we couldn’t have done any of it without you. Thank you!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving from The Arc of Massachusetts.