Join Our Team
The Arc of Massachusetts is seeking a Digital Media Production Intern
This position is a non-credit internship, with a stipend of $1,000, open for September – December 2019, with the potential option of continuing on in January – May 2020. The intern will be expected to work 10 hours a week, with once-weekly meetings with their supervisor in The Arc’s Waltham office with significant remote work.
This internship presents an exciting opportunity for you to build your portfolio with two comprehensive multimedia projects that you will be involved in building from the ground up. You will also receive an inside look at the workings of the nonprofit sector, so a general interest in the human services world and disability is a plus.
- Proficiency in video editing with professional software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, or Sony Vegas
- Demonstrated experience in videography, working with camera and sound equipment, and handling raw footage and hard drives
- A willingness to conduct interviews independently with key figures in ongoing projects
- Strong research skills
- Excellent written, oral, and email communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and meet consistent deadlines
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to come to Waltham office for once a week meetings and progress updates
Nice To Haves:
- Ability to work with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Understanding of how to market stories in meaningful ways
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio (at least 1-2 samples of video work) to Katerina Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.