The Department of Public Health has announced that Immunocompromised individuals are eligible now for the third vaccination dose and include people meeting the criteria below:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
DPH reminds individuals that the Federal Pharmacy Partnership (FPP) is not state-run, and DPH doesn’t have any insight yet into whether it will be activated to administer third doses. DPH indicated there is more info coming out soon.
We should encourage providers to reach out to the medical provider of anyone meeting the immunocompromised criteria now to discuss getting a third dose. Vaccine providers received this messaging last week, so presumably our previous pharmacy partners (e.g. CVS, Walgreens, PelMeds) should now be able to administer the third dose to anyone who meets the criteria.