We are in the midst of transition. We still face uncertainty and stress. But we also have benefitted from flexibility and additional funding from state decision makers over the past two months. In addition to regular communication and health care guidance, our constituency has benefitted in several ways.
These leaders have helped by:
- Increasing funding to small congregate care settings twice
- Addressing day funding requirements to retain services
- Ensuring flexibility of PCA services to meet the loss of day programs and schools
- Approving Home health as a back-up service for PCA
- Authorizing MassHealth quicker eligibility approval
- Authorizing additional family support for those in need, including food security
- Expanding testing
- Introducing efforts to make PPE (personal protective equipment) more available
- Sharing guidance from Commissioner Riley and Senior Associate Commissioner Johnston to advance districts’ responsiveness in the area of special education
This is a good time to thank our elected officials – both our state Senators and Representatives, as well as the Governor’s office. Below, The Arc shares its letters that are being sent to the administration and legislature. We hope you will join us in sharing appreciation.
The Arc sends thank you letters to Governor Baker, Speaker DeLeo, Senate President Spilka and others. Please consider sending personalized thank yous to your state representatives and senators.