The passing of Nicky’s Law by the House has received considerable media attention, both locally and nationally. Check out some of the features at the links below, and stay tuned for additional stories.
- Associated Press: Bill aims to protect those with developmental disabilities
- Bloomberg: Leo Sarkissian discusses the passage of Nicky’s Law on Baystate Business
- Boston.com: ‘Nicky’s Law’ passes House, paving way for a registry of accused abusers of people with disabilities
- Boston 25 News: New state law passed protecting disabled people from abusers named after Mass. native
- The Eagle-Tribune: Our View: New protection for people with disabilities
- Mass Live: Massachusetts House passes bill to create registry of caregivers who abuse people with disabilities
- NBC 10 Boston: Mass. Bill Aims to Protect Those With Developmental Disabilities
- NowThis: In a 154-0 vote, Massachusetts’ state House just passed Nicky’s Law to protect people with disabilities from caregiver abuse.
- Politico: Massachusetts House passes bill to create registry of caregivers who abuse people with disabilities
- WBUR: House Lawmakers Approve Abuser Registry Bill
- WCVB Boston: House approves ‘Nicky’s Law’ abuser registry amid rise in allegations
- The Worcester Telegram: Massachusetts House approves abuser registry bill
- WWLP: House passes Nicky’s Law to protect disabled residents
Last updated: January 17, 2020 at 9:45am.