The month of February has been a busy legislative one!
In addition to the Governor signing Nicky’s Law, The Arc saw favorable passage of many of the bills on our legislative platform, from their initial committees. Many of our amazing network of advocates testified at hearings in front of these committees in the fall of 2019.
- The following top priority health care bills have moved forward:
- Operation House Call
- Hospital Training.
- From the Committee on Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities, the following bills passed favorably:
- Supported Decision Making
- ABA for Adults
- Katie’s Law
- Cueing and Prompting
- Developmental Disabilities Act (Fed Definition)
- The Higher Education (MAICIE) bill also moved from the Higher Education Committee with some language changes.
- For those following the MetFern Records release bill, it has moved into House Ways and Means.
Stay tuned to The Arc for confirmation on the next stop for each bill. The need for your advocacy continues.