Advocate is The Arc of Massachusetts’ quarterly newsletter. This is one of the ways in which we inform and educate people about current topics in the field of developmental disabilities. Recent issues have included:
- Up-to-date information on state and federal governmental affairs affecting people with developmental disabilities, including analysis of budgets and legislation
- Announcements of upcoming trainings, seminars, and other programs and events
- Special features, such as a section on vacation and travel opportunities for people with developmental disabilities
- Poems, letters, and articles written by self-advocates, family members, and professionals
- News from Local Chapters of The Arc and other organizations; and much more!
Advocate continues to be a lively, authoritative forum with strong human-interest stories related to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities and their families. We cover all phases of life–from newborns to seniors–and all aspects of the field, including education, recreation, housing, and legislation at the federal, state and local level. We include plenty of how-to information to help people advocate for themselves and their loved ones and to navigate the often complex network of services and funding.
Most Recent Issues
The Arc of Massachusetts charges a subscription fee for Advocate due to increased editorial costs, higher printing expense and changes in postal regulations. We are making every effort to minimize costs, and as a result, we are now offering subscribed members of The Arc of Massachusetts a free annual subscription of four issues. If you are not a member of a local chapter, the subscription fee is $20.
Subscription rates are free for members of The Arc of Massachusetts and $20 a year for non-members.
To subscribe to Advocate as a non-member, click the button below.
You can also mail a request to The Arc of Mass with your name and address, and check payment made to The Arc of Massachusetts. Mail your payment to The Arc of Massachusetts at 217 South Street, Waltham, MA 02453, with "Advocate subscription" in the memo line of the check.
Each issue of Advocate is seen by approximately 15,000 people across the Commonwealth. Read about opportunities for advertising and marketing products or services of special interest for people with developmental disabilities through Advocate.to be seen again and again.
If you are interested in advertising in Advocate, please click here for more information.