Advocate is The Arc of Massachusetts’ quarterly newsletter. This is one of the ways in which we inform and educate people about current topics in the field of developmental disabilities.
Recent issues have included:
- Up-to-date information on state and federal governmental affairs affecting people with developmental disabilities, including analysis of budgets and legislation
- Announcements of upcoming trainings, seminars, and other programs and events
- Special features, such as a section on vacation and travel opportunities for people with developmental disabilities
- Poems, letters, and articles written by self-advocates, family members, and professionals
- News from Local Chapters of The Arc and other organizations; and much more!
Advocate continues to be a lively, authoritative forum with strong human-interest stories related to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities and their families.
We cover all phases of life–from newborns to seniors–and all aspects of the field, including education, recreation, housing, and legislation at the federal, state and local level. We include plenty of how-to information to help people advocate for themselves and their loved ones and to navigate the often complex network of services and funding.
What Is The Circulation of Advocate?
The Advocate is the official newsletter and membership communication vehicle of The Arc of Massachusetts. Advocate has a circulation of more than 8,000, plus a non-mail distribution of approximately 1,000 more copies. We know that each copy is shared with an average of three other individuals.
This means that each exposure of your organization in Advocate is seen by nearly 15,000 people across the Commonwealth. More importantly, each edition of the Advocate focuses on a topic crucial to persons concerned with developmental disabilities. This means that each issue will be retained and referred to again by our readers, giving our advertisers the opportunity to be seen again and again.
There are a number of excellent opportunities to present your company’s products or services. In the section below we identify rates for the advertising in Advocate. You also can be a Partner by sponsoring an issue of Advocate.
Alternately, at a different level, you can choose to support us by participating in our events; through our state convention exhibits or advertising; or as an Arc sponsor. For more information about how you can help The Arc, please contact Katrin Aback, Director of Development, at (781) 891-6270, x105.
Who Reads Advocate?
- Individuals with disabilities and family members—our largest group of readers.
- Advocates, professionals and decision-makers in the field. These include staff of human service agencies, from Counselors to CEOs, and state decision-makers (complimentary copies are mailed to all legislators and relevant administration officials).
- Hundreds of agency and business listings (including over 300 agencies that contract with the Commonwealth, Local DMR area offices, and Parent Councils related to School and Early Intervention programs).
- Donors and other supporters of The Arc of Massachusetts’ mission. These are individuals and businesses which help us maintain our work, including insurance companies, other associations, law firms, investment companies, and manufacturers.
Advocate Advertising Schedule
Advocate is published 4 times a year, in February, May, August, and November. Discounted rates are available to advertisers who commit to two or more issues per year, as shown on the table below. Ads may be customized to fit the advertiser’s needs.
Please contact Beth Rutledge for assistance in planning your ad, at (781) 891-6270 x101.
Advocate Advertising Rates
Full page 7-1/4″W x 9-3/4″H
- 1 Issue: $1,800
- 2-3 Issues (10% discount): $1,620
- 4 Issues (15% discount): $1,530
Half page 7-1/4″W x 4-3/4″H
- 1 Issue: $900
- 2-3 Issues (10% discount): $810
- 4 Issues (15% discount): $765
Quarter page 3-1/2″W x 4-3/4″H
- 1 Issue: $500
- 2-3 Issues (10% discount): $450
- 4 Issues (15% discount): $425
Eighth of a Page 3-1/2″W x 2″l
- 1 Issue: $250
- 2-3 Issues (10% discount): $225
- 4 Issues (15% discount): $200
Get the latest news directly to your inbox
Sign up for the latest news, events, and ways you can get involved with The Arc.
By submitting your email you agree to The Arc terms