Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Development, this team member plays a critical role in supporting The Arc of Massachusetts’s mission and achieving fundraising goals by providing administrative and programmatic support to the Executive Director and the Development Department. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a range of projects and tasks including scheduling meetings, coordinating events, donor relations, correspondence, and office management tasks such as overseeing vendors for services, business equipment, and building maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment and professionalism in a variety of situations. S/he will have strong people, written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and the ability to balance multiple competing priorities. The individual must have the ability to work independently on projects and work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Coordinate schedules and set up meetings for staff of The Arc, with donors and outside contacts, and for the Disability Policy Seminar.
- Support ongoing donor relations, including gift acknowledgement letters, correspondence such as thank you notes/calls, and follow-up notes
- Draft correspondence, emails, and memos.
- Assist with event planning, day-of execution, and post event follow-up. Manage invitations and responses. Events include legislative reception, annual meeting, fundraising gala, and other development events.
- Complete online auction and sponsorship applications for major events.
- Coordinate and manage routine administrative tasks for the executive office, development department, and the organization overall. This may include vetting vendors for a range of products and services including printers and mail houses, business equipment, and building maintenance. Handle mailings, photocopying, and filing.
- Track and fulfill sponsorship benefits for both event sponsors and members of the Agency Sponsorship Program
- Coordinate production and mailing of annual fund appeals
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5 years office experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people skills, demonstrating diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through, with a commitment to high quality work
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications
- CRM database experience (Raiser’s Edge) and email marketing (Constant Contact) a plus
- Able to manage time well and manage projects from conception to completion
- Team player and quick learner
- Interest in and/or commitment to disability rights issues a plus
The Arc of Massachusetts has a beautiful, light-filled office building in a convenient location in Waltham. The work environment described below is representative of what is encountered performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Location: On-site
- This is a full-time exempt position, 37.5 hours per week. Normal hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. There are occasional evening or weekend events which the Administrative Assistant will be expected to attend.
- Role is largely sedentary and requires sitting or standing in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- This role frequently involves communicating on the phone and operating a computer for at least 70% of the workday.
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience and skills. This position is eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, 403B retirement plan, and paid holidays and vacation days.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. All submissions will be reviewed. Only those individuals selected to continue in the search process will be contacted. No phone calls please.