I’m the Senate President and my Senate District (Second Middlesex and Norfolk) represents seven MetroWest towns. I have fought constantly for tools, support and services for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. I have a background in social work and labor law, and I also have a deeply personal awareness of the need for these resources for our loved ones. This year, we passed several important new laws to help people with disabilities. The legislature, the Arc and other groups in Massachusetts are doing critical work to make sure everyone has access to the resources and opportunities they need to overcome challenges, realize their abilities and thrive in their communities. As we begin a new legislative session in January, I look forward to continuing the work to improve the lives of all residents across the Commonwealth.
- Leo’s Letter: Day Habilitation Regulations Surprise! August 11, 2022
- Operation House Call: 200 Tufts Medical Students Receive Training On Neurodevelopmental Disabilities And Healthcare August 10, 2022
- Advocate: The Summer 2022 Issue Is Now Online August 10, 2022
- The 2022 Impact Report Is Now Available August 5, 2022
- FY23 Budget: Governor Baker Signs FY23 Budget, No Vetoes Of DDS Priorities July 28, 2022