The Arc is grateful to Chairman Aaron Michlewitz and the House Ways and Means Committee for the increases in the DDS budget, totalling over 70 million dollars!
However, we have asked a few of our champions in the House to file amendments to the budget and we need your help now!
These amendments will address issues with:
- Underfunded MassHealth Day Habilitation and Adult Foster/Family Care Programs. We aim to make permanent the 10% increases that came through federal ARPA funding.
- The Arc wants to support guardians and spouses and other responsible parties to be paid caregivers. With the work for shortage crisis, we know this is one smart way to help people continue to live in their communities and is the right thing to do to support families.
- We want to see more flexibilities in the funding and line items so that families and individuals can be supported in ways that meet their needs.
Take a moment to send this action alert to your Representative. These amendments will help thousands of individuals and families. Let’s make sure our voices are heard!
- Chair Michael Finn – 10% permanent increase for Day Habilitation and AFC #1216
- Chair Sean Garballey – Guardians and spouses as paid AFC caregivers #1341
- Representative Brian Ashe – Flexibilities in funding for families and individuals served by DDS (#958) and MassHealth (#964)
Join the discussion One Comment