So many of you have struggled with managing your daily lives during COVID and the staffing crisis. We know that this struggle continues.
Legislators will be voting on budgets that will address the rates of pay for direct support staff as well as flexibility in using funding. We need to hear your voices!
We are looking to compile stories that help illustrate your daily lives:
- Have your loved ones been unable to attend a day program?
- Have you lost transportation?
- Have a loved one that Turned 22 and is without day services?
- Do you use self-directed services but are unable to find staff?
- Do you have funding but are unable to use it the way you need?
- Are you unable to find staff to support your loved ones needs in the home?
Kathleen and Kerry are both currently scheduling appointments for calls to take your stories, so contact them today.
You can share your story via a video that can be shared via email or a downloadable link (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), or write your personal story and include photos alongside it.
Be sure to also share your personal stories with your legislators via a personal email.
Together we can make a difference!